By: Helen Castle
We are pleased to be able to share with you the consultant's report following the consultation sessions in December. You can read the full report, including our response, here.
In summary, our Board is committed to the following next steps:
• We will be announcing details about how to join a new Task Force shortly, to help us with Recommendation 2 in the consultant’s report (feasibility study and review of long-term options), as well as help us to investigate short-term measures for facilitating community events and activities which either make use of existing community venues not managed by the Trust, or, if necessary and possible, areas of The Pier site and building.
• We will be launching our new Community Kickstart Grant shortly, please look out for further announcements in due course.
• We are making progress on rectifying the oil leak with the insurer and contractor.
• We are progressing a new mains water connection at the site.
• We are committed to keeping the community up to date with progress on this project, as well as providing further opportunities for members of the community to share their ideas and views.
We look forward to continuing to work with the community on the long-term plans for the project. In the meantime, we have identified some short-term solutions which can be implemented and adapted relatively quickly. This does not mean that other ideas cannot be considered and put in place as part of the short-term measures; new suggestions will always be welcome. We also recognise that short-term solutions cannot solve all of the problems identified during the consultation exercise, but we will do our best with our limited resources and the short timescale.
In Other News..
For the minutes from the February 2023 grants and budget meeting, please click here
Please support the REW DT by becoming a member.
For a membership form please click here
Being a member entitles you to:
- join our - membership base
- receive an annual report of the Trust’s activities and projects;
- attend and vote at the Trust’s Annual General Meeting, including voting for directors;
- apply to become a director of the Trust, if you wish.
We should point out that, as the Trust is a ‘company limited by guarantee’, in the unlikely event of the Trust being wound up, our members are liable – but only for £1.
We are always keen to ensure that we represent as many of our community as possible, and we would be delighted if you would consider joining the Trust.
We have Yoga Classes with instructor, Sarah Pamentor, starting on Tuesday 21st March 2023.
The classes will take place in the Green Room at Rousay School and there are two classes every Tuesday:
- 1.30pm - Seated Yoga
- 3.30pm - Floor Yoga
The sessions are jointly funded by OIC Healthy Living Centre and REWDT. Free to attend with Activve Life/Active Island membership. Healthy living Centre session rates for non-members.
REWDT Wellbeing grants available towards costs.
For info call Nicky on 821229 or email Nicky@rewdt.org