By: Helen Castle
We are pleased to be able to share with you the consultant's report following the consultation sessions in December. You can read the full report, including our response, here.
In summary, our Board is committed to the following next steps:
• We will be announcing details about how to join a new Task Force shortly, to help us with Recommendation 2 in the consultant’s report (feasibility study and review of long-term options), as well as help us to investigate short-term measures for facilitating community events and activities which either make use of existing community venues not managed by the Trust, or, if necessary and possible, areas of The Pier site and building.
• We will be launching our new Community Kickstart Grant shortly, please look out for further announcements in due course.
• We are making progress on rectifying the oil leak with the insurer and contractor.
• We are progressing a new mains water connection at the site.
• We are committed to keeping the community up to date with progress on this project, as well as providing further opportunities for members of the community to share their ideas and views.
We look forward to continuing to work with the community on the long-term plans for the project. In the meantime, we have identified some short-term solutions which can be implemented and adapted relatively quickly. This does not mean that other ideas cannot be considered and put in place as part of the short-term measures; new suggestions will always be welcome. We also recognise that short-term solutions cannot solve all of the problems identified during the consultation exercise, but we will do our best with our limited resources and the short timescale.
In Other News..
Minutes of the 19 April Pre-AGM Board Meeting can be found here
Sale of Reconditioned Heat Smart Orkney Equipment
The equipment is being sold via a ‘sealed bid’ system, contact the office or go to the website for details and the form. All equipment has been checked by R S Merrimans as in good working order and is sold as seen. There are no guarantees with the equipment and REWDT will not be responsible for the equipment once collected. Delivery/collection is to be arranged by the successful bidder with Eric Shortland (who is storing the equipment for REWDT).
The following items are for sale: -
Megaflo Hot Water Cylinders - 200L, 250L & 300L
Dimplex Cadiz 3kw Portable Heaters and
Dimplex Quantum Storage Heaters QM70, QM100, QM125 & QM150
15 May 2022 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Eric Shortland’s Shed to view.
any questions, or for a copy of the bid form, call us on 821 229, email email@example.com or click here to download the form
We Need Your Help With Our New Housing ProjectWe have secured £15,000 from the Rural Housing Fund for the initial stages of this project.
Now we need your input on what type of houses to build. Please use this link to tell us: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/Rousay_Housing
Or you can download a paper copy to fill in here
Or call the office for a paper copy to be posted to you.
Closing date for the feedback is on 14 May
We look forward to hearing from you.