In Other News..
Countryside Management Ranger Vacancy
12-month fixed term contract
30 hours per week
£27,291 pa, pro rata
An exciting position has arisen for a Countryside Management Ranger to join our team for a 12-month fixed term contract.
You will be responsible for implementing a wide range of land management activities on Trumland Estate, Rousay. With a good working knowledge of land management, you must be able to plan, organise and deliver relevant projects and activities.
This is a varied role, for which the successful candidate will:
- be responsible for the delivery of the Trumland land sub-projects associated with our Scottish Land Fund grant, sourcing funding and co-ordinating the administrative and practical delivery of these sub-projects.
- have experience of organising and conducting exemplary land management and maintenance skills. You will also be developing and implementing conservation practices, including those related to SSSI designated land.
- work closely with the community of Rousay, Egilsay and Wyre. Plan and deliver talks and community, visitor and volunteer engagement activities.
- ensure a close working relationship with relevant partners such as landowners, RSPB and Nature Scot, to ensure a mutually supportive relationship is maintained.
The duties will require previous experience in land management, experience of planning and organising land-based projects, and experience of working with contractors and volunteers. A degree, or equivalent, in a relevant discipline, is preferred. You will need to have excellent administration and communication skills and the successful applicant must also be able to use Microsoft Office applications.
For a more detailed Job Description and an application form, please click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org , or contact the Trust Offices on 01856 821229.
Closing date for applications is Monday 31st May.
The successful applicant may be subject to Protecting Vulnerable Groups checks.
This post is part-funded by Highland and Islands Enterprise and The Scottish Government.
This report has been compiled by our project consultants, Alan Jones Associates, and is based on the responses to the survey issued to all adult residents on Rousay, Egilsay and Wyre in December/January.
This is the first step of our planned community consultation. Unfortunately, we have been unable to proceed with the next steps due to further Covid-19 restrictions announced just before Christmas. We are hopeful that the consultation will be able to continue as planned over the next couple of months, so please look out for further information in due course.
In the meantime, should anyone have any questions regarding The Pier Project, please do not hesitate to ask us.
To view the report (PDF), please click here.
Voting slips were posted out to all of our Full Members earlier this week, so this is a reminder to ensure that your vote is returned to VAO no later than Thursday 25th February 2021.
Here's some important information when filling in your voting slip:
* Vote for a maximum of 9 candidates (you can vote for less than 9 if you wish), by placing an 'X' in the appropriate box
* Your voting slip should then be folded and put into the envelope which shows your membership number on the front. This envelope should then be sealed, and you must sign the label on the front of this envelope, to ensure that your vote is valid.
* The envelope containing your completed voting slip should be put into the envelope addressed to Voluntary Action Orkney (VAO), and this should be returned to VAO, by post, to arrive at VAO no later than Thursday 25th February 2021. This is because VAO are the independant scrutineers for REWDT - none of our staff or Directors will be involved in the count, and so voting slips should not be returned to REWDT.
Associate Members and non-member residents are not entitled to vote in Director elections, in accordance with our Articles of Association, so voting slips have only be sent to Full Members of REWDT.
The outcome of the postal vote will be announced by our Chair, John Garson at the REWDT AGM on Saturday 27th February 2021.