Grants & Bursaries
GENERAL GRANT FUND APPLICATIONS
Rousay, Egilsay and Wyre Development Trust operates a grants scheme which is open to applications from any voluntary organisations, clubs, or individuals who are either registered or resident on Rousay, Egilsay or Wyre.
Grants may be awarded for the benefit of members of our community on Rousay, Egilsay or Wyre to enhance the quality and/or sustainability of life on our three islands. The amount of funding available for grants may vary each year. Grants awarded must comply with the Trust’s Charitable Aims, which are registered with the Office of the Scottish Charities Regulator. These are:
- The advancement of community development, including the advancement of urban/rural regeneration.
- The advancement of education.
- The advancement of citizenship.
- The advancement of environmental protection or improvement.
- The provision of recreational facilities or the organisation of recreational activities, with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons for whom the facilities or activities are primarily intended; including the provision, maintenance and/or improvement of public open space and other public amenities.
- The advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science.
- The relief of those in need by reason of age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage.
- The prevention or relief of poverty.
- The relief of unemployment.
The Board of the Development Trust welcomes applications which meet the above Charitable Aims.
Applications must be submitted AT LEAST 14 DAYS prior to the next Board meeting and 14 days before the funding is required.
For further information regarding the grants, please contact the office.
The next dates for Board meetings are as follows: -
- Wed 14 August
- Sat 28 September
- Wed 23 October
- Sat 9 November (AGM)
- Wed 04 December
You can either drop your application into the Trust's office at The Manse, Sourin, Rousay; send it in by post; or email it in to email@example.com
The procedure is administered by the Grants, Applications and Projects Officer, but all decisions are made by the Board of Directors.
2018/19 GRANTS INFORMATION UPDATE
This year the REW DT board has made changes to our grants categories for the latest information please contact the office on firstname.lastname@example.org and do not use the buttons and links below while we get our website updated.
The funding this year will be split into the following categories: -
- General Grants - Click here for an application form
- Education Bursaries (for recognised qualifications only) 100% of costs up to £500 per financial year adults & £100 children. This is paid upto a maximumof £1500 in a 5 year period. Click here for an application form
- Driving Lessons (via a recognised driving school) 100% of costs up to £500 per financial year - Please use General Grant form above
- Well Being 100. This is a £100 grant for each individual to be used by the end of March 2020. This will cover all sporting, craft, art and other non certificated learning and general well being courses, workshops or events. - Click Here for an application form
- Child Ferry Tickets. One book of tickets per child for those permanently resident on Rousay,Egilsay or Wyre. - Click Here for an application form.
Please note: An award will not be granted for any expenditure made prior to an application being approved by the Board.